View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 12:22 AM
Delta Echo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: AFIS trainee and PPL trainee

2024 is very far :-o
I don't want to be the "little miss know it all" but... its 6 years... you cant spend 6 years staying in a job wishing having an other one because it can poision those years... just waiting for the future. But planning is a good thing also and you are right for planning and start everything in time.

Okay I am narrow minded, as a former soldier., because I loved the army.. and I think after this aircraft an airliner is a little step-back.
....taking people on holiday with an airliner is... I dont know... on one hand its a beautiful thing, big responsibility, many passengers, on the other hand is so.... its not a C-130 or how to say

Have you thinking about cargo? Some pilots say they enjoy it much more than a plane loaded with passengers.

On the other hand I understand people who say after many years that serving their country was enough, need "normal" and civilian life (as I did the same). And still want to stay in aviation.

Its a difficult question anyway.
Wish you find your way but enjoy present as well

Originally Posted by Ceewonthurdees View Post
Hey all. I am currently a C-130 pilot and am looking into transitioning to the airlines, but am unsure about where to start. My commitment to the AF ends in 2024, and I want to settle near MSP, but I am new to the airline world which comes with jargon all its own. Does anyone have any helpful resources that will aid me in comparing airlines and making sure I check all the boxes to make myself most marketable? I really don't know if I want majors or regionals at this point, but I want to do more research and the posts on these forums have a ton of acronyms I don't know yet. Thanks for your help!