Thread: Quality of Life
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 09:50 PM
All Bizniz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
You’re right, those things are terrible. Those problems aren’t just pilots, that can be anyone. People have gone through those things and done that while making far less than $200k. My point is that even at min 70 hrs, we are in the top 6-7% of the population.
Being in the top 6-7% means nothing, if I can't afford to live for example in San Francisco where I'm based unless I am prepared drive 2-3 hours to get to work.

As I recall, your point was basically that if you are in the top 6-7% and struggling financially, "you are doing it wrong". I just wanted to remind you that there are many legitimate reasons why some high earning pilots may have money issues.

As for surviving that situation? Pilot or not, I am willing to bet the farm that while anyone earning 200k or more facing any one of those crippling circumstances may be able to survive from paycheck to paycheck; those who earn much less often don't stand a chance and among other things, typically end up losing their homes and/or declaring bankruptcy at significantly greater rates. It's just Math. (An inside VX joke I'm sure you'll appreciate lol)

Last edited by All Bizniz; 06-21-2018 at 10:04 PM.