View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Pilotjoe91
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: First officer at Skywest

Originally Posted by ech0sh4y View Post
As a newly rated commercial pilot, I have been searching the depths of the interweb looking for that first low time opportunity. I thoroughly appreciate all of the information this website has provided. You guys and gals have been great. I was thinking today, I wonder what other people who were once in my position recently have done with such little experience other than wondering down the CFI path. If you have a moment and would care to do so, please share what your first 250-300 TT job was and maybe a short story. I have no clue if this is the correct area to post such a thread, but I think it could be beneficial to those of us who are trying to land the first career starter. It appears the grey area from 250 - 500 hours is the biggest of challenges in a pilot's career. However, I could be completely mistaken. Thanks again for all of the ideas and information posted!

I worked at the Van Nuys airport as a Line Service Technician as I was in flight school. I networked like crazy since being a CFI wasn't at the top of my list. Fortunately, I was able to secure an aerial imagery job with less than 300TT. Going to start soon. Look forward to the adventures and skills I'll encounter to become a better pilot.