View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 01:01 PM
SideFlare
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
Looking to talk to any pilots who live near and/or commute out of NW Montana. Will be making the military to airline leap in a few years and trying to gauge commuting realities.

I've looked on FlightAware and have an academic understanding of the schedule but would like a real life perspective if available.

Feel free to PM if you'd rather not post publicly. Thanks!!

Also, apologies if this isn't the right subforum but I couldn't decide on one that might be better without a specific airline in mind yet.
I’m former military currently living in SoCal after trying to do the Missoula, MT thing for a year after starting at JetBlue. Bottom line is that getting in and out of Missoula/Kalispell/etc can be problematic. If you happen to be at an airline with a SEA or DEN base, the one-leg commute isn’t the end of the world. There are relatively frequent flights and multiple options for the JS. Anywhere else and you’ll be at the mercy of smaller, generally full aircraft with senior (and typically on-line) commuters with JS priority.
It’s doable, but anything more than one-leg from Montana can be challenging. Feel free to PM for any specific questions, and best of luck.