Old 06-24-2018, 08:06 AM
ckap130
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017

^^^^^^ +1

I'm a year 2 guy and I'm very happy here. Got buds at all the legacies and while they are generally happy too they all have their own gripes. No perfect choices out there so everyone prioritizes what is most important to them and their families, like domiciles, schedules, upgrade time, pay, etc..

Here are some specifics about my experience.

I live in domicile and I bid RSV, 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off. I average 5 -7 days of call outs over those 2 weeks but its usually for 1-2 days at a time. I am currently at 80% on the FO list in my base.

I fly 80/20 nights vs days. Some multi leg flights begin at 0200 and end at 1030...those suck.

Most of my legs are domestic north/south on the west coast 1.5-2 hr duration and most nights are 2 legs but 3 legs is not uncommon. Shortest leg is 7 mins...luv it.

I fly narrow body and wide body 75/76 about evenly split.

When I feel like it I pick up a HNL trip or Asia long haul trip just to mix things up a little.

I blocked 258 hrs my first year and that seemed to be about average compared to other guys in my class. My buds at Alaska all blocked over 900 hrs last year. Not saying one is better than the other...just data.

I will bring home well north of $200k in my second year. I do this by living in domicile and picking up extra trips.

Based on current projections I expect to upgrade at year 10. That could bump up to year 8 but if we continue to lag in training and aircraft acquisitions it could also move back to year 12. Don't care either way.

I have seen a manager 3 times during my time here..passing in the hallway. They don't treat my well or poorly, they are never around. Grab your paper work, BS a little in flight ops listening to pilots lying to each other, and walk to the crew van. That's it.

Anyway this has been my experience here at UPS and I have no problem recommending this place to someone..warts and all.

Sorry for the long post.