View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Fdxlag2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by KrustyF15 View Post
Kronan - I dont think anyone is saying that the union shouldn’t spend money investigating ways to improve our total retirement... but two problems with the way they are going about it:
A. The deeper they have gone into the pockets, the more ownership they’ll have in the plan and less likely they will be able to call it a turd, if it is a turd. No knock on anyone in the process; that’s human nature.
2) Why haven’t they explored any other possibilities? At a focus mtg, I asked PM if they looked into any other options, modeled any other total retirement increases, and he said no... when asked why, the answer was simply, “we just haven’t”.
d - If it’s such a great deal for the company, why aren’t we asking for the moon? Why outside of section 6 negotiations, where we could ask for other contract fixes in exchange? Unless maybe it’s to get guys with three to five years left something on top of their already fully vested A plan...
To add to this excellent post here is a quote from the 1/31/17 positive rate titled Retirement Rumor Control:

Research, education, and polling all come before negotiation, and we are still in the research phase. We are consulting with retirement industry experts in an effort to identify potentially viable improvements that would benefit everyone. If that effort proves successful, we will undertake a thorough education campaign regarding your current retirement plans as well as any potential alternatives, then survey you regarding your desires. Next comes the negotiating phase, but only once you've given your MEC the go-ahead. Finally, should negotiations result in a tentative agreement, your vote will be the final say in whether to accept or reject it.
I am still looking for potential alternatives.