Old 06-25-2018, 03:30 AM
bklynbacon
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Spartan is garbage...that's why the Feds don't even cover them under the GI Bill any longer.

Now, to people who say "don't get a degree in aviation", I say to them "who cares". They're clearly not in HR. Jobs don't care what your degree is in. It's just a box to check. Now, with that said..it's incumbent on you to diversify yourself and further your education. I have a B.A. in International Relations. I'm a cop. The only thing my degree was ever used for is good trivia, and I can write really well. It gets you to step in the door...it doesn't necessarily guarantee success. Unless you have a degree in engineering/archiecture/medical/law...it doesn't matter if you get it in basket weaving. Just get it to fulfill the requirements.

I'm back in school after 14 years, at Liberty University getting a B.S. in Aviation. They transferred in 90% of my degree. So all I do is flight training and a nonsense class here and there. You have options. I say get the degree (do it online so when you're at the regionals you can finish it) or if you can get a lot of your classes transferred in, you can get the R-ATP (1000 hours or 1250 for associates).