View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 10:54 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
Contrary to that "popular" belief, getting into an Academy or a full ROTC scholarship is not so flippantly easy as you make it.
They may not be able to get into that academy of get a ROTC scholarship, but they can enlist in the ANG. Every state plus Guam, Puerto Rico and DC have a National Guard. Heck my state has 4 Wings, plus a myriad of GSUs. Most states pay 100% tuition, plus a crap ton of other benefits... Every single one of my friends that went this route, who wanted a pilot spot, ended up getting one...and almost all of us graduated (aviation with all our certs/ratings) with little to no debt and on time. Most of us also worked another job or two while in college as well (circa early/mid 2000s).

Don't get me wrong, tuition has become ridiculous, but there are plenty of avenues out there the help....just many are unwilling to seize the opportunities. I'll concede that some can't take advantage of mil option due to medical issues.

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
How the hell did you get to protesting ICE in this rant?
Not sure about all that, but I did just see that Forbes posted an article about what companies are helping ICE.