Thread: Scope
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 06:10 AM
AYLflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by GuppyPuppy View Post

Please explain how this is good for JB pilots. Why have JB fly an A320 LGB-SJC/RNO/etc... when JetSuite X can do it for us? Why not have Horizon fly Q400s between JFK-SYR/ROC/ORH?
I think you're confusing codesharing and regional fee for departure.

JB won't be making any sort of real profit off of simply codesharing our current flying. According to everything I've read so far, selling a ticket on JetSuite lands JB literally pennies on the dollar. If they want to stay in business as an airline and not a travel agency, then they won't be farming off all of our flying.

That said, I want to make sure I understand the scope as near 100% as possible. I'm hoping the road shows will clarify the information.

To those who have decided NO because of scope, can I ask, why are you willing to give up a contract now with scope in it, vs risking working under a PEA with no security and risking jetblue farming out flying in the next 12+ months while a new TA is drafted and voted in?

Also from the FAQ

Can JetBlue use an operator such as JetSuite to provide feed under a Capacity Purchase Agreement?
No, agreed upon language prevents the Company from doing this. The Company is prohibited from entering into any Capacity Purchase Agreements or purchase Block Space on other carriers, and they cannot not purchase equity in, or lend to, another company that is an air carrier or an affiliate of an air carrier as a means to circumvent the provisions of our Scope agreement. Other provisions in scope prohibit JetBlue for using an entity like JetSuites as an alter ego or for doublebreasting.

Can JetBlue operate a JetBlue Express / regional carrier?
JetBlue cannot enter into a Capacity Purchase Agreement with any other carrier. However, if JetBlue were to establish a new brand, i.e. JetBlue Express with regional jets, it would be flown by JetBlue Pilots under the same CBA and seniority list.