View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 08:47 AM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by Knobcrk1 View Post
How long does it usually take from phone interview to actually getting hired? Just for planning...
NetJets is so concerned about the number of new pilots leaving that they asked the union to approve higher pay and a 2 year training contract for new hires. Union said we're not helping you out of a problem you're responsible for.

Only reason attrition isn't worse is 70% of our pilots are 54 and older. That's a statistic one of our pilots came up with, I have not verified it but it looks about right. We have 12-13 year F/O's who still can't hold Captain, so lack of turbine PIC time hurts them for leaving. But many airlines are starting to relax the turbine PIC requirement.

We still get new hires because there are lots and lots of places out there that are so bad they make NetJets look like the city with streets paved in gold.

As for your original question, I'd suggest checking aviationinterviews.com and see if they have that info. If they don't let me know and I'll see if I can contact the union member on the NetJets Hiring Committee to find out.