View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 04:40 PM
balakay
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by BKbigfish View Post
And Spirit pilots were released to strike under a democratic president in 2010. The Democrats (especially under a centrist/right, corporate friendly Clinton) haven’t always been labor’s best friend, but they are certainly more labor friendly than Republicans. Look, the fact is that pilots just aren’t released to strike all that often. If there is a 25% chance of being released to strike with a Democrat in the White House, then there is a 1% chance of being released with Republican in the White House. I’ll take my chances with a Democratic administration all day long given the alternative.

Again, I'm not looking for a drag out mono-e-mono fight. We're all in this together. Just pointing to a blanket statement that can't be proven one way or the other because there is a plethora of items that have gone against labor or for labor from both sides of the aisle. Elected leaders do what's in their best interest for them to be re-elected, no necessarily what is good or in the best interest for any one group. But then you throw out statistics like "25% chance......, then there is a 1% chance...." I'm gonna call you on that one and ask to back that up with some data. Otherwise, I'll chalk it up to personal opinion.