View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 09:20 PM
BKbigfish
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by balakay View Post
Again, I'm not looking for a drag out mono-e-mono fight. We're all in this together. Just pointing to a blanket statement that can't be proven one way or the other because there is a plethora of items that have gone against labor or for labor from both sides of the aisle. Elected leaders do what's in their best interest for them to be re-elected, no necessarily what is good or in the best interest for any one group. But then you throw out statistics like "25% chance......, then there is a 1% chance...." I'm gonna call you on that one and ask to back that up with some data. Otherwise, I'll chalk it up to personal opinion.
I assumed this was clear but those obviously aren’t actual statistics... I was simply using arbitrary numbers to say what the Republican Party routinely boasts about as a key platform issue. They are vehemently anti-union and proud of it. The point that I was attempting to make was as pilots we are unlikely to be released to strike in any situation, even more so if a Republican is sitting in the White House. To deny this reality is just silly.