Old 06-30-2018, 11:20 AM
flyphisher
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Curious....of the fo’s That previously stated they would never have the ability to upgrade, how many have upgraded or are now bypassing? Whalesurfer? Cactus? Swedish? I think those posters previously stated about not being able to upgrade?

The scope victory (yes it’s a victory through and through) is a major game changer for new hires. A potential career changer. A precedence has been set and UPS is not free to expand and contract at will using contract carriers. If they want to grow the airline side business they have to do it in house. The monetary damages are the icing on the cake. The real win is the end date of outsourcing. Huge.

The upwards of 30m monetary penalty isn’t that much to UPS. But....it puts the failure on the radar to Wall Street especially under the Davis Doctrine. UPS will have a lot of explaining to do.

If the UPS BOD wants to ride this into the sunset that’s on them. I personally choose to think that’s a small chance. UPS hasn’t always been the innovator, but they’ve always been the leader. Hopefully they will wake up to the market forces of FedEx, Amazon etc. These are significant and capable companies.

I’d venture to say most all if not all believing they will never upgrade either have the option to upgrade before retirement or upgraded already.