View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Vice View Post
I’m a guard F-16 guy and my full time seasoning orders are going to be ending here in a couple months and I’ll be going part time with the guard and looking to transition to the airline world and am seeking some advice and guidance.

In total I’ll have about 850 hours, 500 of which is PIC, and be 4-ship FL qualed when I go part time so obviously I’ll have to spend some time in the Regionals to build my hours for the majors. My ultimate goal is to get to the majors as quickly as I can.

The advice I’ve been given so far is to try and get on with a regional with the quickest upgrade to build my total PIC time.

As of right now that is going to be my plan going forward, in addition to staying sharp in the Viper.

Does anyone else have any additional advice or recommendations? Or something else I could be doing?

Any/all guidance is much appreciated
In your case PIC time isn’t the biggest issue unless you’re shooting for FedEx/UPS. You need to get your Total time up. Go with the regional that offers the most stability/QOL close to you. Upgrade time at most places is under the 2-3 year point. Part 121 time in general will help beef up your resume.