View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 05:23 AM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Busdriver91 View Post
I appreciate your enthusiasm with all the questions however you may be over thinking this and making it harder than it should. The big points I think I got from your post is that you value not commuting and you want to pay less in health insurance. Gama offers both of these since you have a paid positive space seat to and from home and you don’t pay a dime in premiums for your whole family for medical, dental, and vision.
On the other hand you say you are pretty close to upgrade where you work and you seem to want the airlines long term. Only you can determine what is best for you. I will tell you that we do have some people leaving for the airlines, most notably Southwest so it doesn’t mean the majors won’t look at you if you come here. Good luck!
Agreed. You've already checked the part 121 box so you can always go back to it if this gig isn't for you. Having done both I can tell you that gama is better in pretty much every way compared to a regional airline. Notably pay, benefits, hotels and flight destinations. You do work harder though and the 8 days on the road will be longer than what you're used to. On the flip side the 6 days off will be too.