View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 11:13 PM
SoFloFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by FlyingMaryJane View Post
To all the young guys out there just coming out of instructing and into the regionals now.. I am looking for flight schools for my young cousin. It has been 18 years since I went through flight school and the one I went to has been out of business for awhile now. I don't know what good ones are out there these days. He already got his 4 year degree out of the way which is great, so I want him to fast track it, Private through Commercial multi and then instruct for a bit until he can get on with a regional. Any recommendations? He is willing to relocate to the south to FL/AZ/TX most likely. Btw, how much does it cost now a days to get your ratings? I think it cost me about $3k to do my private and maybe $20k-$25k to get all the way to my multi-commercial.... thanks!!
I spent about $25k going from 0-230 hours with PPL/IR. Should finish CSEL with another $2.5k. That’s EXTREMELY cheap given today’s market. Most people I know spend $45k-$60k going from 0-250ish CMEL (maybe even CFI). I would do research in flight schools and maybe a community college with an aviation program since he can get student loans (lower interest rate) unless the money part isn’t an issue.

Hope that helps!