View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 06:59 PM
queue
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Tom a Hawk View Post
Yes and no.

That is where I learned how long it would likely take to get an email from jetblue about ioe trips. They seem to think the monthly bid will be published sooner in the future and that the process for publishing pulled trips would be quick. Their answers did not convince me that it would happen anytime before 48 hrs to FO bid close and I believe it will likely be closer to 24.

For the signing bonus I believe I asked the question clearly as to why they were de-incentivizing the bottom half of the pilot group to vote yes. They glossed over that and mainly addressed that they were trying to do it in a way not to get sued and not to reward those people who might have been working extra during the labor dispute. ie, not basing it on income.

They straight said that the company won’t have to allocate any extra vacation weeks for the pto accrual. Just vpto. Extra weeks would come from “fluff” required by the math to hit the percentage per month requirements and upgrades/transfers/people resigning. I countered asking if that was going to be a small percentage, less than 10%, they didn’t disagree. That’s why I believe the vast majority of pilots won’t be able to get more than their allotted vpto vacation even if they want to. That and loss of UTS is why I believe this pto system is far less valuable to me.

As I've been saying, TA 1.0 mostly benefits people with special situations (e.g. lives in base) and those who are senior enough. It doesn't really distribute the goods to everyone else. The rules, when played out, are cost neutral at best since only a small minority can actually take advantage of them. This is a substandard TA 1.0 and even the B6ALPA guys have to admit it when confronted about it. You will notice they weren't up front about a great number of things as their goal was merely to "sell it" to you.

TA 2.0

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.