View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 05:54 AM
symbian simian
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

I'm middle of the seniority list in LAS (on the left side), getting 50 or so people below you in LAS would take around a year. At that point you have a lot of flexibility in how much you want to work, as long as you hold a hard line (non reserve) there is no limit on picking up/dropping down, provided you can do it before they run out of reserves/open time. I plan for 75 hours of credit but need to do a lot of trading to accommodate my wife's schedule. Most of this is relatively easy at Spirit, because of the required reserve coverage we have. I commute, don't have a crash pad. Even the few months on reserve I gambled on getting called out, with hotels at $40/night it's doable. Most trips start late, so easy to commute in on the first day of work, I have a red-eye option so always get home after the trip, maybe 1-2 nights hotel max. I think there is a few that occasionally drive from LAX. I have flown with quite a few ex91 that were making $200K+, they're all pretty happy about having a set schedule.