Old 07-09-2018, 08:52 AM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
Ah, but in a way you seem incapable of recognizing, he CAN influence our management, albeit in a small way. The more pilots that take his advice and decide AGAINST interviewing at Netjets, the more difficult it becomes for NJ to find new pilots, the better possibility that NJ management will, ultimately, HAVE to improve pay and QOL in order to attract and RETAIN new talent.

Encouraging anybody to come to NJ is counterproductive to our best interests moving forward. As a group, we should be making it as difficult as possible for the company to fill the cockpits of all those new jets you seem to think we’re going to have in the future. Empty cockpits are the ONLY motivator this management team will ultimately react to.
True. But most other fractionals treat their pilots a lot worse than NetJets, same for most charter outfits. As long as that's true NetJets will get new hires. The main disadvantage NJA has is the long upgrade times.

I believe most regional airlines can make you work on days off. At least NJA can't do that, it's voluntary with big $$$ rewards. I remember at Mesa Pilots would use the galley service door to avoid the scheduler waiting on the Jetway So regionals aren't that great either, their big draw is flow thru to the majors. They do work less and usually don't get the big circadian rhythm flips NJA sometimes get.

I think NJA is still being at least somewhat picky about who they hire, they're really into the customer service aspects. A bigger problem is keeping who they hire. That's why they wanted a 2 year training contract, not realizing what that'd do to recruiting.