View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:03 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by FLYMIA View Post
I've been contemplating applying, but honestly I can't justify the pay. That and the absurdity of no paid hotels in training. I think Delta doesn't pay for a portion of hotel's during training, but do I even have to make an argument about it? I wish you guys the best of luck and mainly for a contract sooner than later. Until then I'll stay on the sidelines.
This. I went ACMI at 1st year rate of $113 ph rather than go to F9, pay for my own hotel, jumpseat commute to a crashpad, and all for poverty wages at an obviously toxic environment with management.

Here I’m home based, positive spaced to my trips and I keep the airline award miles. No crashpads ever. We keep hotel points at most hotels. Paid hotels in training. Decent pay in training. Full pay after type/PC, not after IOE like other places. Crew meals (typically steak, salmon)... 12 year CA pay now $20 ph more than United on same equipment. Scheduling treats you like a professional. Flying a heavy with international experience. Typing this on my 4 day layover in Honolulu. Can’t even imagine what I was thinking when I looked into going to F9.
Way too many better options for pilots these days.
The longer it takes the deeper into the shortage it goes and the better your eventual contract should be. I know our joint wished they hadn’t hard balled the pilots two years ago... they’d kill today for what was being asked for back then. Two years later, highest 1st year pay in 121 industry.

Stand strong guys, you’ll win in the end