View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 02:37 PM
SFA320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
This. I went ACMI at 1st year rate of $113 ph rather than go to F9, pay for my own hotel, jumpseat commute to a crashpad, and all for poverty wages at an obviously toxic environment with management.

Here I’m home based, positive spaced to my trips and I keep the airline award miles. No crashpads ever. We keep hotel points at most hotels. Paid hotels in training. Decent pay in training. Full pay after type/PC, not after IOE like other places. Crew meals (typically steak, salmon)... 12 year CA pay now $20 ph more than United on same equipment. Scheduling treats you like a professional. Flying a heavy with international experience. Typing this on my 4 day layover in Honolulu. Can’t even imagine what I was thinking when I looked into going to F9.
Way too many better options for pilots these days.
The longer it takes the deeper into the shortage it goes and the better your eventual contract should be. I know our joint wished they hadn’t hard balled the pilots two years ago... they’d kill today for what was being asked for back then. Two years later, highest 1st year pay in 121 industry.

Stand strong guys, you’ll win in the end
Glad it worked out for you. Yes we will get a contract, it will happen. Enjoy your 4 days in HNL, just curious what do you do for the other 12-14 days on your trip? Man, I can barely handle a 4 day. Ha ha
Yes right now sucks at F9, but I don’t fault anybody for coming here. If you come please don’t pay for a hotel during training....I’m not sure who in the right mind would do this. Plenty of quality and quiet crashpads close to the training center for 250-450. Yes, manamgent and the pay is rough right now....but those things change. Spirit sucked 3-5 years ago. Those guys who went are now decently senior captains making well over 200k, with great retirement. Who knows what will happen to F9. Is it a risk....somewhat. Will it pay off? I think so.