Thread: Base Seniority
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 06:22 PM
flyboygt
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: A320 right

Originally Posted by saywhat View Post
Can anybody clue me into Domicile seniority at JetBlue?
I have been searching the various threads and haven't been able to locate anything.

I live in SoCal, so really looking to see how long it takes to hold Long Beach as an FO.

Thanks to all......and good luck with the contract!
LGB went Junior a little over a year ago. When I transferred to LGB I was at 1.5 year and I held a line being 6 from the bottom in base (April 17) I've been a line holder ever since be k minus one month I forgot to bid). There are about 10 Sr FO's that live locally and bid reserve.
As far as LGB closing I don't think that will happen (yes they are cutting 12 flights in September) personally I think they are going to minimize LGB flying and start up a base/Co-domicile in Ontario but that's just my opinion. We are slot restricted in LGB along with massive fines that just started for curfew violations ($6k each offense) and still no customs which are not leaving much room for expansion.
The LGB pilots do a lot of East coast flying especially starting it of LAX. We also do A LOT of red eyes. LGB August bids just saw the highest time bid divisors of all the bases. AVG line was 85hr with Max line value 90hr. I don't think the base is going anywhere. there is marginal expansion to BUR and ONT but I don't think any of the flying is done by LGB base. There won't be much growth in LA (LGB base) anytime soon until management figures out what to do with the LA basin.