Line Holder
flyboygt
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2012
  • Position
    A320 right
Quote: Any regional that flies for delta can’t operate a plane bigger than DALs scope allows, even for another carrier. So for example SkyWest can’t fly their 100 E175-E2s they have on order for Alaska (no scope) or us, because of DLs scope. No idea about UA/AA’s scope allowing it, so non DCI carriers may be able to. Not sure. But for the sake of this argument it doesn’t really matter, as current gen e175s could be flown by a regional for us. On the other hand, regionals are getting more expensive as pilot costs climb, the shortage will get worse before it gets better, and most of our focus cities are slot or gate restricted, so downgaging doesn’t really make sense in this environment. I like scope. And I like the -300 with jetblue colors. But I’m not that fearful of SkyWest taking our flying if this TA is voted down. Fear not though...it’ll pass by a pretty big margin imo.
Silver airways? Cape air? Not associated with Delta. They are already our "business partners" what's to stop BJ from contacting them to fly the 220?

Example: Current day Envoy Air. Wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines. It used to be American Eagle which used to be Simmons, Executive, BizEx, Wings West, Metro, and Flagship. All individual contractors (BJ calls then business partners)for AMR. One day AMR decided to buy them all up and call it American Eagle Airlines (1998) Then AMR bought Embraer 145 series jets, and offered them to AA pilots because those pesky Eagle guys only knew how to fly props. The AA pilots said, and I'm paraphrasing, "we are too good to fly that 50 seat RJ".
What was AMR to do? They have all these planes ordered and no one to fly them... Oh wait they did. It's called American Eagle/Envoy. Thus they now operate the E175, CRJ700 and EMB145 for American. At one point when I worked At Eagle we had 3700 pilots (yup the size of present day BJ) flying American Airlines routes at a massive discount because AA pilots did not want to fly an RJ.

SCOPE is not limited to present day regional operators. Under our stellar PEA, BJ CAN do whatever they want to make THEIR money. Point being is that the order is in and they WILL find someone to fly those airplanes.

Don't make the mistake AA did.
Scope is worth more than your precious pay rates compared to Delta, United and AA who don't have a single *******ing ORDER in for the A220.

Keep all flying in house.