Thread: O'Hare
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:47 AM
TheWeatherman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by ORD170 View Post
So they have 0 FO reserves some months? It’s not a good thing to staff the right seat from the left seat. I can assure you the captains do not think this is a good idea. I guess if they’re over staffed on captains, then it would make sense.

I also wouldn’t say Skywest or Air Wisconsin are bad places. I believe Skywest just voted down a descent pay increase, because they were trying to raise the bar.
Yup, that is exactly what they are doing. ORD is not a good situation for Captains, but for FOs it is as good if not better then any other base.

The new Skywest TA was a sham. It was such a scam that despite all the brain washing and koolaid drinking, the pilot group was able to see through it and vote it down (a loss of 3 votes is like losing 80% to 20% at any other pilot group with a union and competent representation). The new TA had no new money coming from Skywest. The hourly raise came from other types of compensation that they took away from. Also, the TA didn't fix some of their glaring QOL issues like the reserve call out mess that was created by their inept Pilot representation. It came out of an agreement they penned with the company last year thinking they were fixing an issue, but Skywest saw a flaw in the agreement that allowed them to take advantage of Reserve pilots and they took FULL advantage of that. You can head over to their board to read all the deets of the mess over there.