EskimoJoe
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2014
  • Position
    Captain B-737
Quote: Eskimo Joe,
You and “clock out” guys like you are why we are in the situation we are. Apathetic clock-punchers who vote purely in their own special interests at the expense of everyone else here and the industry. I’ll bet you were one of the guys who said, regarding pay rates on the 09 contract....”it better have a 2 in the front.” So stupid. Well...you got $200/hour. You got your 2 while all the FOs were screwed because of the f’d up slope you couldn’t care less about. You, as a senior captain, “who got his” probably refused to hold your corrupt MEC accountable because you were “clocked out.” I’m telling you, worrying about everyone here and taking a few minutes here and there to try and fix things vs pulling up the ladder after “you got yours” wound have helped a lot. Instead, you and your ilk were probably too busy bailing the company out by flying premium last summer. Can’t wait for the top quarter to retire and move on. Pathetic embarrassment to everyone here and the industry.

Right. Firstly, I have never voted YES on a contract here. Secondly, I'm a very Jr Captain and was an FO during the 2009 contract vote...again, I voted No. When the top quarter of the list is gone, I'm happy to inform you I'll still be here for quite a while. The FO's are "screwed" (at least in your mind) because of Alaska Management and their out weighed influence in Arbitration. The Slope is what it is because Management wants it that way and, as per usual in arbitration, they got what they wanted. Also, I commute. I've never picked up a premium trip or VSA'd in my life. It's too much of a hassle even when appropriate to do so.

Perhaps you'd be better served if you set aside your Millennial angst and sense of entitlement and focused on the reality of the situation. Your reactions certainly sounds as if it's fueled by your own self interests...which in your mind I guess you're entitled to do but no one else? What exactly do you propose this pilot group do to achieve our collective goals in 2020? Before you answer, I suggest you read up on the Railway Labor Act before you fly into the predictable, knee jerk, chest pounding tirade of regurgitated, unobtainable wishes that guys like you always espouse in these situations. The RLA is very real and you need to wrap your mind around what it actually means.

You were probably in the 4th grade in 1998, but look up what happened at American Airlines and the APA during their sick out. Is that your idea of a successful outcome? You are an employee. You get a W2. You have a union, and a contract. You and I will never run this airline. Frankly, I don't want to. I want the airline to be profitable because I've experienced what life looks like when your employer is bleeding money uncontrollably. Think unemployment check. When the union asks us to step up and help engage the company in 2020, I'll be there. I always am. That's when it matters. Until then, I set the brake, go home, rejoin my real life and forget all about the Eskimo. You can scream at the ocean all you want. I can't hear you anyway.