View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:01 AM
Punkah Louvre
Bus Driver ordinarie

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Airbus CA

Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
The whole in-class seniority is generally not a big deal. Usually the whole class gets the same initial assignment.

There are quite a few instances where in class seniority is a really big deal, but they are niches and rare. Such as, CA awards are not made in initial assignments since 9E has no street-CA program, but 2 guys in the same class could possibly be competing for a CA slot even while in FO training.

But, for 99 out of 100 new hires, in-class seniority is not really important and certainly not worth worrying about. The company can award seniority however they please since it's not covered in the CBA.
I disagree. The Aircraft and Base drops are entirely dependent on whatever voodoo spell was last cast by Crew Planning.
My class got pretty much every possible combination apart from MSP -9.
With the seat lock this could become even more important. I don't think many new hires bid for the Deuce; but clever ones may consider it. A decent break after OE, near immediate Line and lashings of Premium pay make it a contender for the smart money.
The only good advice I've heard about class drops is to bid what you want, and fly what you get.
With Endeavor primed for some significant growth over the coming months you won't go too far wrong..