View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Beavis
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: CRJ900 & Captain

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Get advice from the lawyer. It may be better to move out if the situation justifies (emotional abuse might, that's not just for chicks).

Course the problem is abandoning the kids since you're a pilot and can't care for them full time.

Oh yeah, I am definitely not going anywhere without the advice of a lawyer. And things are very complicated at the moment anyways, since we just bought a new house and moved from a different state. And my wife would probably go back to where we lived in a heartbeat, where she has lived for the majority of her time here in the US. And I have told her as much too, that she is welcome to leave any time and go back if I am such a terrible husband. I work here, and have worked here for a long time and we moved back here so that I didn't have to commute anymore, but she is much happier back where we just moved from and I have no interest in going back there at all so...

That is a problem, with the kids. Funny thing is, I am a better father to them even though I am not home all the time, than she is a mother to them. I'm not saying she neglects them, but she tries more to be their friend than a mother. And she also tends to favor one sibling over the other (the younger one) which is definitely having a noticable effect on the older one, I can tell you...