Thread: Contract 2020
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Regionalsuck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by Name User View Post
Who cares if it's good for us. Put your pecker away and forget about the measuring contest for a little while.

I have zero desire to pull a United and topple the company with our contract. I would much rather work for a sustainable company than one where labor continuously cuts it down at its knees and we slowly decay, ie US Airways.
The executives and shareholders love to hear employees talk like that. It = more money for them to grab for themselves, while the company still decays either way. It's the way things are done now. Then when the company goes into a downturn inevitably again due to years of poor shortsighted decisions based on stock prices and equity payouts instead of long term company health, they will kick you in the nuts and demand to take even more back from you or the bankruptcy court will force it out of you.

I don't think any "long term" pilots want to harm the company due to a contract, but you better take your fair share while the getting is good or someone else certainly will take your share for you.

I would probably agree with you if we didn't live in a world where executives make 200-300X their average employee and decisions weren't made on short term stock price movement and performance based equity incentives being the primary motivation of the decision makers. Instead of long term company health being the priority.

Last edited by Regionalsuck; 07-12-2018 at 12:10 PM.