View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 03:21 PM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by Tanker1497 View Post
I agree with Roar articles up for memrat. and a lot more of our business up for memrat. It is obvious that our very few elected officials are human at best, petty more often. In fact, do away with elected reps, and FPL, and lets make every issue our pilot group has a memrat issue. Not judging what you posted Leine, but you almost seem to make memrat seem like a comical issue intended to be an afterthought? I think memrat makes every member relevant to what's going on with our issues. You make memrat sound like an insult? tell me how I'm wrong?
LOL

Yep I was being sarcastic. You caught it*

It’s not an insult, but it does need to be kept in check. It’s a fine line between every pilot having a constant say, and a top-down representational system. I think we have a fairly good balance right now, policy wise. The rubber meets the road with the pilots that we trust to sit in those seats.

IMO far too few pilots participate in the LEC elections, which are arguably the most important union duties most of us will ever perform.

And to circle back to memrat, the MEC is pushing for us to memrat all LOA’s, yet they are currently debating killing an LOA without memrat. So theoretically we could approve an LOA (SILs) via memrat, and then the mec could pull it down if they think they know better.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, just food for thought. There is no perfect system.

It’s vitally important that the 44 pilots participate in this round of elections. ATL is the 600lb gorilla on the MEC and they will have tremendous influence in the direction C2019 takes.

* forum humor is sometimes lost in the ether. No offense intended I think we’re more aligned than not. Would love to discuss over a beer or 3 someday