Thread: Contract 2020
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 05:07 PM
AAL24
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Name User View Post
Who cares if it's good for us. Put your pecker away and forget about the measuring contest for a little while.

I have zero desire to pull a United and topple the company with our contract. I would much rather work for a sustainable company than one where labor continuously cuts it down at its knees and we slowly decay, ie US Airways.
You sound so weak and naive. Do you think if you signed a Mesa contract tomorrow that Parker would take those savings and roll them into shoring up the balance sheet? Hell no. It would be spent on share buybacks and executive compensation.

A major airline pilot should be similar to a commodity. Delta/UAL/AAL Pilots should all cost more or less the same. Somehow Parker can pay the same price for a barrel of oil as Delta. He can afford to buy jets just like delta. But he can’t afford to pay the same for his pilots? You’ve been brainwashed...I suggest you spend less time thinking about my pecker and more time contemplating your worth as a professional pilot.

US Airways had the lowest pilot costs amongst the majors for about 14 years. Did that translate into a powerhouse company?