View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:48 AM
Tenacvols
More Cowbell!!!

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Spreading the LUV from the "Write" seat!!!

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
It's buyer beware ANYWHERE you go. A pink slip at Delta or United will make one just as less desirable as a pink slip at Atlas. Consider your audience too....the reason a good amount of applicants even attempt to come here is because they lack some measured qualification to be competitive. So, they either risk staying wherever they may be currently flying whether it be single pilot cargo in IMC in a lance or overseas in a king air, both of which I consider to have far more exposure from a risk based analysis than flying one leg a day in a 121 environment.
I came to Atlas from flying King Airs overseas and I can tell you that the negative affect of failing a type rating ride was in the back of my mind during training. However, when I went through training with Southwest it wasn’t in the back of my mind. The difference you ask? When in training at Southwest, I was at my destination airline so I didn’t plan on having to interview ever again. That being said, I fully believe that my time at Atlas helped me land the job at SWA. Stay strong 5Y brothers, you’re only as strong as your weakest link.