Thread: Growth at PSA
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 03:58 PM
tlamjaj
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Thedude86 View Post
My numbers might be slightly off, but I also personally know a few buddies from back home flying 135/91 that only applied because I’ve told them we should be getting a raise anyday now. If they had a crystal ball that said pay wouldn’t be going up for another year or so they wouldn’t have applied when they did. I’m starting to feel guilty that I led them on. I also know several others that are on the edge of coming to the 121 world, but the pay just isn’t quite there yet.

Also, I definitely don’t blame the RTP guys for coming over. If I was in their shoes I’d probably be doing the same thing. But on the other hand, they’re getting a pretty big incentive that the rest of the pilot group isn’t getting. I’m not blaming them and I don’t have any ill will towards them. Ive flown with a few of them and so far they’ve been pretty good. Its just frustrating when you see the other carriers’ pay going up and our own company taking care of people that aren’t even on property yet and the rest of us getting diddly squat and getting forced to upgrade into non commutable outstations. Because of the latter issue, I would actually say our QOL is getting worse, while other’s are seeing pay increases and/or better work rules to go along with it.
Cadets also get $5,000 on top of the signing bonuses. I think the program is a couple hundred strong.