View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
A350 20 of them. Just what my source says....

Disclaimer: my source is no one. I agree with BD that an LR order will be announced. I think They just did the 220-300 (convertible to -100s) order for the vote
I believe they announced the A220-300 now because they want the spotlight on our Europe announcement during the show. They could have announced the A220 and the LR at the show, but I think they want to celebrate them separately.

You are correct that all 60 FIRM orders can be converted to the -100. I personally believe they won't do that. The entire industry is in an upgauging trend, and the company will want to move more passengers per pilot/gate/slot/landing fee/etc...

The cost to aquire and operate a -100 is only negligibly less than a -300, but the number of fewer seats you can sell during the high-travel months is considerable.

Also, I do not believe it is a coincidence that they will announce the A220 and the LR both during the vote....

And NO chance for twin isle aircraft. Too much risk for this management group. Plus the LR is a good aircraft for what we want to do initially.