View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
ghilis101
La Familia Delta

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B-717 FO / C-17 AC

Originally Posted by alaska65 View Post
I have had two leather flight cases in my 30+year career, but now I just get a $70 balistic nylon case from Office Max; it will last about 4 years, then I get another.
As far as suitcases go, I have a Purdy which I use and which is almost bulletproof. But the most bang for the buck IMHO is the Costco Kirkland 22 inch bag for $90 with a lifetime guarantee. The handles will eventually break or the wheel bearings will give out, but just bring it in to Costco, and they will replace it with a new one. I bought my Costco bag about 12 or 14 years ago when I sent my Purdy back to the factory to sew in a new zipper, and I think I have had it replaced twice now, handles and wheels.

What does "new hire" below my sign in name mean, and how do I edit that?

absolutely alaska! i swear by that costco bag. its the lightest bag Ive ever owned, and i beat that living ish out of it and when it wears out (usually the wheels start squeaking) i take it back to costco and walk out 5 minutes later with a brand new one NO QUESTIONS ASKED. go with the costco, its no surprise these are becoming more common in every crew room