View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 06:34 PM
Olario
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
You guys are funny. You are spring loaded to jump to conclusions. I am in favor of pulling down the SIL"s. Since the whole thread up untill my post was an unmitigated love fest, I was only showing that there could be a downside.(depending on your point of view)
Hearing only one side of a story is usually never a good thing. Once you hear both sides, and make a decision, can it truly be called an "informed decision".

I do find the comments about a possible $6000 less pay check over the year while they get manning back in alignment to be characterized as insignificant as puzzling. That would pay my ALPA dues for the year. Why does anyone complain about ALPA dues when the word has been handed down on the forum that that amount of money is insignificant. Look at the % of PAC supporters and the average donation an it quickly becomes apparent that most people view that amount of money differently than the way in which it was characterized here. I can look at statistics and state unequivocally that I am a huuuge supporter of ALPA and not a management schill a the forum is wont to do when the"other side" is presented.

In my world I should have introduced my thoughts and the a logical and spirited discussion should ensure instead of flippant exchanges get are are nothing more than "shoot the messenger".....that just smacks of partisan politics
Buck, my apologies. English as a second language and all, I misunderstood you. Your point came across as if 2% of
your pay was too much in order to hold Delta liable for not following
the contract.
I’m for once excited that our MEC is not caving to quality of life issues. Money is important ALONG with QOL.
Are we so fat that we are offering SILs? No problem, just make sure our guys can get vacation move ups and accept some of the RCC input, after all we are well manned. But Delta wants the best of both worlds. That’s their job. Keep costs as low as possible. Our job (and of our union) is to fight for what we deserve.
Your post came across as something ALPA would claim as recent as a year ago: “Let them break the contract. We will create an LOA to make sure they are compliant, otherwise our captains could lose $6k.”
Company expects us to play by the rules, so should they.