View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 07:23 AM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by 7576FO View Post
I'm an American pilot. I've rode on that RDU to Gatwick flight. Yes, it is mostly for the Pharmacuedical company. It can get full of pax around the holidays and after school is out.

I just looked at the AA int'l j/s list. Are you sure the other major airlines allow all regional airlines unlimited access to the j/s int'l ??

YES, other majors/legacys allow us little regional airline pilots to use the JS int'l. Goes without saying, it's cabin only. I know, the agony, the horror of letting a lowly regional guy JS on one of YOUR aircraft to Europe, South America, the Orient, wherever is considered int'l per your policy.

For a while, it was you and CAL, now I believe, it's just you guys with that screwed up policy. I know, I know, it's that mentality that since a regional airline can't take one of your pilots to an int'l destination, you guys won't carry a regional pilot to an int'l destination.

When I was based in LGA we had a lot of AA commuters from CHS. AA/AE had no service between CHS and LGA at the time. It was always a joke to tell them, "Since I can't ride on your airline from JFK to LHR because we don't serve that market, why should we let you ride from CHS to LGA since you don't serve this market?"

Calm down, it's a joke, we ALWAYS let them ride. It was amazing how many AA pilots didn't even know that though.

Last edited by dojetdriver; 11-15-2007 at 07:28 AM.