View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 05:29 PM
ThumbsUp
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by coryk View Post
At "less than a year" you're not on up 2nd yr pay, you got maybe 200-400 guys below you. In my case, around 300 seniority numbers, and 8 months seniority, and a crashpad in EWR. A friend told me once he gave FedEx 1 year to give him a call or else he was staying put at Delta. I thought that was pretty good advice and adopted the same mindset.

We're both flying Purple jets.

Although, in all seriousness, I think there's so much more at play than just the time you've spent at a legacy (while very important). Where do you live, how old you are, WHICH legacy is it (1 yr at UAL yields about 200 guys below you, 1 yr at DL... 1000?) etc, etc. I've met people that left UAL after 3 years to come to Purple and people that came straight form newhire training at DAL/AA/UA/SW, late 20's to late 40's.

After having been here over a year, looking back I’d probably bail at the 1-2 year point.

Regardless, good luck to you my friend. It's a fantastic job.
Given that you've been at both, how would you compare QOL/Time away from home? I'll be commuting from somewhere that is a PITA for Fedex, but easy at UA. I'm only looking at another 10 years or so, so waiting a long time for life at a company to get better isn't really what I'm in for.

On a side note, when does the A-Fund starting paying? I'm trying to run the numbers on the $$ (as best I can).

Thanks!