Thread: The Big Day!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 08:49 PM
Tigflt17
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
Just to fuel the merger rumor... isn’t RAH owned, IN PART, by United (and actually IN PART by all three majors?)?

What’s there to say UA/YX didn’t have a meeting that said “we’re buying TSH, and G7 is going away, so you might want to figure out how to cover their lift for you”.

This is far fetched and only MY interpretation of events going on. Literally have no information, so take this for what it’s worth. I just got done with a long day of flying and pondering the meaning of the universe.

TSA’s 145s go to ExpressJet (see: UA investing into ExpressJet a few months ago). The AA planes go to PDT/ENY.

G7’s DL planes go to EDV/SKW. The UA planes go to SKW/AWI, IF AWI can figure out staffing and their contract. I know this is a BIG “if”. But they did just break ground on a multi million dollar facility in ATW that can hold “4 CRJ 200s, or 3 larger RJs”. Since ZW is privately owned, I can’t see their owners pouring money down the drain if they don’t have something up the sleeve. They’d try to get out with as much money as possible. Plus, ZW is getting more and more routes out of DEN, with a rumored DEN hub...

CPZ gets merged into RPA for planes/pilots/routes.

This would give RPA more pilots and a recruiting tool to help with their staffing as the shortage gets worse. This could also potentially help with DL’s goal of getting down to “3 connection carriers”. I’ve heard rumors of DL wanting their 3 Connection carriers to operate CRJs and Ejets. So maybe.. just maybe... G7 gets merged into RPA and CPZ goes to EDV. That would give SKW, RPA, and EDV all CRJs and ERJs. Plus, Delta owns a portion of RAH, I believe.

I don’t know anything. It’s late at night and I’m tired. But this is my bet. 🤷🏻*♂️
And also, Republic did just remove the "class limit" restriction. Sort of makes sense.