View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 01:13 AM
ipdanno
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

If you haven't logged your mil time in a civilian Logbook from the get-go, you probably won't get it to read correctly now.

My advice is to drop the project. You don't need that headache. You don't need a 'logbook' for your military time. Airlines accept your HARMS printout and Flight Summary as your Logbook for mil time, as long as you follow their conversion protocols on your application. The airlines understand how your HARMS report and Flt Summary are created, that you can't fudge the numbers, and that you received about one Form 8 eval per year of flying. Most companies will tell you that 'Other' time shouldn't be included in your totals. As a heavy lift instructor pilot, you've got the quantity and quality of hours to get you to an interview. Handing the Logbook Review Captain a three or four page mil printout allows them an easy look-through, then you get right to the Tell-me-about-a-time stories. You know, the ones that start; "There I was, out of airspeed, altitude, and ideas....."

If you want to attach a sheet to your summary detailing HOW you converted, along with your 1-5 year lookback totals, great. Just follow the guidance on the application/ website.

Good luck.