Old 07-18-2018, 04:56 AM
SlightlyAskew
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
3 friends of my buds here at Brown are also in the exact position you’ve found yourself in. I’ve met them all but since I’ve never flown with either one I haven’t submitted a LOR for them.
All three are current captains on heavy jets: 747, 777 and 767. One in Asia, one in Middleast and 1 in the US. All 3 are US citizens, no checkride failures, no violations, three college degrees (one has a master’s degree), one is also former military. My friends tell me the three guys are fantastic individuals, good pilots, great neighbors, kind and generous to those in need, etc., etc. All three have been to at least one job fair, 1 has been to three separate job fairs in the last 3 years. Each time they felt they got great feedback from the recruiters and thought they’d hear something soon. Nada.

So yes, I sympathize with you but sadly you aren’t alone. There’s NO rhyme or reason to our hiring here.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I can handle a wait due to the vagaries of the hiring process... although I’d prefer a phone call 😀... More than anything I was worried that I had gotten lost in the stack. At least now I know that there are others in my position.

I guess I’m in the pool the get into the pool!