View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 07:30 PM
Anthrax
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
I don't mean to sound passive aggressive, and I really want our company and brand to do well. I want my regional kid to be able to come here and work with pride and know they have a secure future. I own stock here and want it to grow.

But..once I leave the house I don't care where I land. I get paid the same. Sometimes--if I divert--I'll get paid more. Stateside--you may at least trigger some disruption if you don't go to MEM, IND,etc. In Hong Kong, 3/4 of our trips fly right over VHHH on the way to CAN. If fuel is an issue, you make the divert call and YOUR trip is over once you land. Trust me--where I go will be safe and legal. Reliable is on the company and dispatcher. This fuel policy has indicated that they will accept less play time and "they have it figured out". That's their job, and our *****ing aside, they generally are pretty good at it. When they are wrong--we do our pilot stuff. When I hit bingo I don't care about stock price, reliability, johnny's roller skates getting their on his birthday, or anything else but landing safely with enough gas to not only be safe and legal but not scare myself. Nobody "fails" if we divert, and woe be to anyone in management who would push a pilot in this day and age to "get it done" violating any FARS, safety regs, or common sense. I'll divert. If I am legal and rested, and the FO agrees--we'll keep moving the freight along the way once fueled. If I am not legal, or either of us is whipped, the safe thing to do is park it and let someone else get the freight on the way. That is what I'll plan on doing...

What I hear in all this is "...you aren't responsible for landing at XXX. Your job is to try to land there, and if you can't do it safely go somewhere else..." Noted. Got it. I will comply. Stock is $235ish right now. I'll do what I can to get it to $400...but safely...
you have a kid that flies for the regionals? cool. or is this a pilot you help get here, and now he’s “your kid?”

otherwise, allow me to go and vomit!