View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 07:01 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Vice, you're in the exact same shoes I was in circa 2011. My advice, as with others on here, is to go to a regional that allows you to drive to work. If you have multiple options, then go read on the regional forum and find one that has a better work environment...hopefully you won't be there long anyway. This makes life infinitely mo betta as it allows you to easily work both gigs to their fullest. I was able to find a gig that was an hour drive to my airline and I lived about 15 minutes from the Guard base and it truly made life much easier. I've been extremely lucky and my Legacy job gives me the same "commute." I can't begin to explain the QOL this provides while trying to balance both gigs.

I was never an IP (gave up my IPUG slot to go to a legacy) and I'm convinced I only got a call is because I had 121 time on top of my Viper time. You'll be doing your career a huge favor by heading to a regional. Of course, I will always recommend pushing for IPUG for reasons other than your civilian career, but it obviously won't hurt in that regard.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions. Best of luck!