Old 07-21-2018, 10:25 AM
rqstrdrvctrs
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Default Old Topic; Any Help Appreciated: YX vs MQ

I am currently flight instructing in the Dallas Area but am looking to make the move down to somewhere within the Texas Triangle (San Antonio, Dallas, Houston) once I start flying 121. I've been peering on the forums for about a year now and have narrowed down my list to two companies. Right now my wife is finishing up school in Austin and may have the opportunity to move us eastward as her career progresses. From everyone's experiences here, which do you see as the better company? As I understand it, there is flow, but not as forecast at MQ, and with YX there is little chance of making it to AA. From looking at the companies and hesitantly talking with recruiters I understand that YX is forecast to competitively increase pay each year while MQ is going to stick closer to what they're already paying. My original intent was to enter the cadet program with MQ and try to base out of DFW, but with the recent 100 jet order and the opening of IAH YX has come to my attention. End goal is AA or SW eventually. Like the topic implies, I appreciate any help and please pardon the rehashing of old.