View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 11:27 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

1st-extra landing Pay can’t be denied by calling a flight a sweep flight. Every bidpack has flights that are Designated Sweep flights, in writing. By flight number and departure city. Should you be on flight 1234 (PDX) and divert...just because flight 1234 (OAK) is a sweep flight doesn’t mean you are.
I could see CrewPay claiming you diverted for weather, but there’s a way to see historical Weather and after a bit of back and forth would like to think even CrewPay would admit defeat when shown a weather history that allowed landing.

2nd Ops Emergency...if I’m hub turning, and divert for fuel I’m still going to be within duty limits.
If I’m already Operational (think Indy hub turns) than the DO can reach down to a Single Pilot and waive the magical FAR wand...and they’ve been able to do so in every FedEx CBA

That Doesn’t mean I have to accept it. If I was really counting on a hub turn nap and a fuel stop eliminated that time...then by God I’m going to contact the DO and say I need 90 minutes or 2 hours to grab a nap and then I’m happy to fly my scheduled flight...or you can remove me as fatigued.

I don’t care what scheduling thinks. I don’t care what the DO thinks. The only person that determines my fitness to fly is me.