View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 06:10 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
Except it's pretty unlikely that you'll be fortunate enough to get to divert to Memphis, Indy, or anywhere that you can have a sleep room or even a quiet place with a recliner. Maybe you're planning on catching a nap in the airplane? Because as long as it takes them to find us a hotel, that's probably not an option for a few hours. One can demand to lay over, however, waiting for them to figure out hotel and transportation, while giving you a min layover, many people will just do the extra leg instead. Also very possible that you'll be diverting along with many others, enduring the hassle that comes with it. Pretending that it's just simple as can be is ridiculous.
Maybe you missed the whole grabbing a nap during the hub turn thing.
You know, an opportunity to do so that might be disrupted by a fuel stop.

Can’t imagine why anyone would want to leave the plane, get a sleep room, nap in a recliner during a fuel stop.

Perfect world, ramp I’m going to would know I’m on the way-have already called for fuel...and, it’s not like I’m going to need to fill up the tanks to complete the flight.

But now that I’ve made it to Memphis for my hub turn...what then.
If I need a nap, I’m either getting a brief nap or being removed for fatigue.
And I don’t care what other people do.

With 100% certainty I can say there are people at FedEx who fly fatigued or sick occasionally. Why they choose to risk the remaining 5-10-20 years of their careers escapes me.
All you have to do is read our TLH mishap report to learn that FedEx is a very Fatigue Friendly company and if Only the Capt had spoken up we would’ve Replaced him....