View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 01:54 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
Maybe you missed the whole grabbing a nap during the hub turn thing.
You know, an opportunity to do so that might be disrupted by a fuel stop.

Can’t imagine why anyone would want to leave the plane, get a sleep room, nap in a recliner during a fuel stop.

Perfect world, ramp I’m going to would know I’m on the way-have already called for fuel...and, it’s not like I’m going to need to fill up the tanks to complete the flight.

But now that I’ve made it to Memphis for my hub turn...what then.
If I need a nap, I’m either getting a brief nap or being removed for fatigue.
And I don’t care what other people do.
Except....you said, "That Doesn’t mean I have to accept it. If I was really counting on a hub turn nap and a fuel stop eliminated that time...then by God I’m going to contact the DO and say I need 90 minutes or 2 hours to grab a nap and then I’m happy to fly my scheduled flight...or you can remove me as fatigued"

We are talking about a diversion. It's unlikely that diversion will be to Memphis where you can grab a nap. And why would you assume your next leg is going to be into Memphis, where you could potentially go to a sleep room? We do fly to other places.

The reality is, if you are diverting when you were planning on going into Memphis, it's likely it will be you and many other FedEx airplanes going to the same airport. You aren't going to be able to just let the inbound ramp know you're going to swoop in there for a quick fuel stop and go on your merry way. Likely you're going to be stuck there with 20 other airplanes, waiting for your turn to get fueled and the weather to improve. It's usually a long, miserable process.

And if you feel the need to call in fatigued, it's not a no penalty decision. The company can decide whether to pay you, or charge your sick bank. Your answer makes me think you've never gone through the unpleasant goat rope that is a diversion.