View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 02:42 PM
snackysmores
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: fatigued

Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
New Hires or established pilots,

How long between dropping an application or contacting recruiting did it take to get the trip up and have an interview? I am trying to figure out the timing of it all. I will be checking commercial (add-on) within the next month and then proceeding to ME, BUT I need to schedule a routine surgery to take out a plate that was inserted as a result of a bike accident. The surgery two years ago caused a lot of pain when I decided to get back into aviation. It took several months and coordination to get the FAA to clear my medical, so I am assuming I'll have to go through that again. I have a feeling if I let Horizon know that they will want me to get the rating complete, have the surgery, get my medical cleared and then proceed with them? Or would they offer an CJO based on all the above if I were to interview before the surgery and completion of ME?
They will want you to finish your ME and get your medical cleared first before they fly you up to SEA and spend all day interviewing you and putting you up in a hotel for potentially 2 nights.

It also cant hurt to ask them directly, they're very friendly.