View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 07:46 AM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by A330FoodCritic View Post
Don't know about the Air Force but in the Navy you were always instructing.
My last tour in the USAF was a special ops unit with just 1 custom equipped C-130. We only had 5 line pilots plus Ops Officer and Squadron CO who both few part time. All the line pilots were at least PIC qualified, and after I upgraded to IP three of the five of us were IP qualified. Got very little proficiency flying since they'd shoot us if we damaged the one-of-a-kind mission plane doing that.

Now during my 2 years at Mesa flying the CRJ-200 I did feel like a CFI when flying with the Flight Academy graduates. 300-500 hour SIC's.
Great pilots to take a Sim checkride with but a bit clueless about real world flying.

I tried calling the Talent Department back but got voicemail so I responded to their email asking a few questions. Waiting to hear back from them. I'm retired USAirways/AA and drawing a pension from the PBGC so I need to make sure that's not a problem, and also I'm technically still employed by NetJets for another 22 months and getting Loss of Medical pay and full benefits. So if those 2 things are OK I'll go for the interview if offered. Worst case I get to play with a Sim for a few minutes