Thread: Results
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 02:19 PM
Aquaticus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
You are entitled to that opinion. However, I am entitled to point out some perspective. I am senior a Frontier FO.

Your new contract would give me a $57,000 raise, increase my per diem by .40, pay for my medical and global entry, participate in profit sharing, provide scope protection, average duty period guarantee, cheaper health insurance and double my retirement contributions!

So.... have a little perspective. You aren't going to be the highest compensated pilots in the country, but you are close. Find some satisfaction in your job and benefits that vastly exceed almost every other employee in the country. The average salary in the US is $51,000. The average 401(k) match in the us is 2.7%, you get 15% with no match required. The average salary with 10 to 19 years of work experience and a Master's degree is $99,000. Every single pilot at JetBlue will exceed that, and with more than double the retirement contributions.

Feel free to tell me that I'm what's dragging this industry down, I understand that mentality. I understand pattern bargaining. I understand that you get what you negotiate and not what you are worth. However, we (Frontier) aren't even ASKING for a contract as good as you got. Our initial ask is less then you got, and no doubt that we end up with will be less. So, stop with the "bottom feeder" crap.
And your mentality is what is killing your pilot groups ability to negotiate. You aren't the "average" American. You are tasked with making life and death decisions with millions of liability on the line. Not many people could do what you make seem easy to do. JetBlue hires about 50% of every newhire class that is otherwise unhireable by other airlines to keep this mentality alive and well.