View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 05:12 PM
domino
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by GSMNP View Post
I’ve heard that so many times and still nothing! Similar to GrumpyAviator up above, it did take me a while to finish my degree, but I finally did finish almost 2 years ago now. I thought that would bring about a call as it did for he/she, but it didn’t. Shortly thereafter, applied for and selected as an LCA and been doing it ever since. Similar flying stats to JetDoc too. Met with BK at a job fair right before his retirement, nothing. It’s definitely frustrating! I love the role of LCA duties for sure, but it’s definitely not the gold it used to be I guess. Specifically, it doesn’t bring about that coveted invite we all think it will! I’m still hopeful, but didn’t even get an invite to the September fair and I quite literally update my AirlineApps and addendum sections after every trip... here’s to hoping!
I think it depends on the airlines. Some were losing LCAs so quick they had to beg the majors to pull back or risk a complete meltdown at the regional level. Some of the legacy carriers listened and the rate of LCA hiring slowed down quite a bit. Suddenly having an LCA was almost a “bad” thing depending on what airline you were targeting. Southwest however pressed ahead and kept taking LCAs no matter what.